The Chanel Tutu

3 comments

Elena Glurdjidze Karl Lagerfeld

Just thought you girly-girls might like this:

When Elena Glurdjidze, a senior principal dancer with the English National Ballet, dropped by a Chanel couture salon earlier this month for a final fitting of a costume Lagerfeld designed for her, she gave him an impromptu dance from “The Dying Swan.” He filmed it and the three-minute video, shot in grainy black and white, went live on chanel.com Wednesday.
Glurdjidze’s custom tutu, made of tulle and overlaid with more than 2,500 feathers, took three seamstresses at Chanel’s Lemarié atelier more than 100 hours to construct. “[Your costume] is 50 percent of how you are going to dance,” said Glurdjidze, who will perform the solo at Sadler’s Wells Theatre in London in June as part of the English National Ballet’s season of Ballet Russes. “It is very important to have a beautiful costume.”

chanel-ballerina04[1] chanel-ballerina01[1] chanel-ballerina02[1] chanel-ballerina05[1] chanel-ballerina06[1]
Update:

Couldn’t embed it so I captured the video myself!

So moving and beautiful, a bit boring, but very elegant! Loves it!
If you don’t like my ripped version, go to the Chanel site here, although you have to dig through to the news section.

I wasn't getting any sound from the original video…did you guys?

Update:
Took matters into my own hands once more and added Claire de Lune, after Clare from Breathless. Magazine. Stardoll. inspired me to do so.



(source and source)

3 comments :

Leave me Breathless said...

WOW its incredible, the detail is amazing and she looks so elegant a graceful when she dances i love it.

yeah there seems to be no sound for me at the site either !
I think it would have been lovely with music

x

r1ma said...

hmm...now I am inpired to add Claire De Lune (slightly in honore of you:-P) to the video posted here.

זבל said...

I personally think that ballet is one of the most elegant things in the world.