Fashion Makeovers: For Better Or For Worse?

5 comments

















Marc Jacobs: From very jolly, to very slender.




















Alber Elbaz: From slightly unkept, to Mr. James Bond. 























Karl Lagerfeld: From heavy, to thin.
























Anna Wintour: From friendly brunette mother, to glamorous blonde diva.





















Anja Rubik: From girl next door, to 'heroin-chic' model
























Carine Roitfeld: From brunette stylist, to dirty-blonde fashion queen.





















Raquel Zimmermann: From little blonde, to tall brunette. 



















Caroline Trentini: From girl, to woman.






















Sasha Pivovarova: From dark-haired art student, to blonde-haired top model.























Chanel Iman: From curly-haired 15 year-old, to glamorous couture model.


















Natasha Poly: From pretty teenage girl, to 100% plastic























Sessilee Lopez: From tomboy, to glittery beauty queen. 



This really says a lot about what the industry does to people. It's almost tragic in some cases. 
So, who's makeover do you like? And, who's do you not?


5 comments :

tasheki kishayoti said...

OMfg..Carine used to look like a real man!Or transvestit!

זבל said...

Anna used to actully look like a warm nice person in the past! I hate her makeover :S

And wow, Caroline looks like a ten years old girl in the first picture! She was sooooo cute! But every time I see realy young cute models I start thinking about designers forcing them to do diets and mean older models backstage, the things that I hate about the fashionb world :(

Kasia said...

I know, Caroline was so little. I think that was 5 or 6 years ago.

Anyway, It's sad how people are forced to change who they are. I look at Anja's change and it makes me sad. They turned her into a blonde skeleton - she looked so nice and innocent when she first started.

And Natasha Poly looks like a Victoria Beckham look-a-like to me now, she used to be so pretty and natural looking, now she just looks like a mannequin.

r1ma said...

I stand by my choice of Pudgy Marc jacobs. He looks like a stereotype of a gay jewish boy now...before he actually seemed geniune and like an artist...now he just looks like a platic stereotype of a gay jewish boy.

haha Anna looked so 90's in that sweater


and ijust don't get why they continue to bleach raquel's hair.

Kasia said...

Yeah, I don't care what he looks like. I liked him circa 2005 when he gave that INCREDIBLE interview to New York Magazine - he seamed very sure of who he was, and what he wanted to do. Now, he seams like a completely different person. His appearance changed, which is completely fine with me - he was still making great things (Louis Vuitton Fall 2007, Marc Jacobs Fall 2007, Louis Vuitton Fall 2008, and Marc Jacobs Fall 2008 were some of my favorite collections), but now, it seams kind of like his design style is changing too - which I am not happy about. His Fall 2009 work seamed much more Hollywood friendly, traditionally glamorous and sexy (which he usually stays away from) and to be frank, quite commercial. Maybe he was just doing it because of the economy. Who knows? Even Anna seamed to be underwhelmed with his Fall 2009 work. I will always support him, and if he's happy now, than I am happy - but, I just hope he holds onto who he is and doesn't change himself for anyone else.


Anyway, I know. I think Sessilee looks a lot better now. And, I'm not saying that because they gave her a weave and some makeup, she seams much happier with who she is now - I think she always wanted to be glamorous and sexy in the traditional sense. She was SO beautiful before, but I doubt people in the mainstream - where she grew up, were able to see it. Now, she must have more confidence.