My Dreams Are Starting To Come True/ Why Stardoll Needs A Tilda Swinton Doll

5 comments

tilda-swinton1
Yes, my dream (and perhaps your nightmare) of Tilda Swinton’s plot for world domination is in progress.

Tilda will star in Pringle of Scotland’s Spring 2010 ads according to The Cut!

Ryan McGinley shot Swinton against a Scottish landscape for the new campaign, which Swinton will unveil at a party during London Fashion Week, adding to the list of reasons London Fashion Week will be incredible this season.

I cannot wait! Despite what many mainstream magazines (People, cough cough) or tabloid cable channels (E! ehem ehem) say about voting her worst dessed in red carpet events, I cannot help but love her style. It is like how Chloe Sevigny might dress up when she is old: edgy and dark like McQueen but old world like Prada yet Chic and unfussy as in Yves Saint Laurent.

I so want for a Stardoll version of Tilda Swinton and her wardrobe.

Here are a few looks for your consideration of this vibrant, Oscar-winning woman, who by the way, resembles the androgyny and orange hair of David Bowie.

AnOther Magazine Spring/Summer 2009 : Tilda Swinton by Craig McDean47240_1_122_807lo
51200_282_122_831lo 51206_283_122_336lo 51213_284_122_408lo 51215_285_122_705lo 51223_286_122_211lo 51232_287_122_398lo 51234_288_122_81lo 51360_289_122_340lo

And images from Red-Carpet Fashion Awards.

Imagine the possibilities! I would love to covet all the iconic clothes Tilda has sported, especially the Lanvin and YSL. This bitch has taste, ya’ll!

c2rtildalacroix[1]c2rtildabalenciaga
BenjaminButtonswinton[1]
c2rtildaswintonpradacopy[1]
tilaswintonpradacopy[1]tildaswintonYSLcagedheels[1] c2rtildaswintonysl[1] c2rtildaswinton5marchcopy[1] c2rtildaswintonyslfall2008[1] c2rtildaswintonBAFTAcopy[1]c2rtildaswintondiorfall[1]  c2rtildadior[1]TildaSwinton_Lanvin tilda-lanvin-oscarc2rtildalanvin[1] CannesTildaSwintonLanvin

5 comments :

זבל said...

I lovelovelovelovelove her! She's probably in my top 5 red carpet queens.

She's too sophisticated for the mainstream though.

Amelie DeLacroix said...

I have to admit I'm not a fan of her nor some of her "out-there" fashion choices but the fashion spread is GORGEOUS! Simply stunning! How amazing is that pink dress btw?

But hey, that's just me. You can't expect much from a girl whose fashion icon is Victoria Beckham.

r1ma said...

lol not even the lanvin, dior or prada?

that's just me, the lanvin/YSL whore

Amelie DeLacroix said...

Haha well I did say "some". I like her in the Lanvin and Balenciaga but the Lacroix? Nuh-uh, just not my thing I guess.

Kasia said...

She dresses very nicely, and I wish more women would dress like her, but she kind of just looks like a clothing hanger to me. She needs just a dash of some attitude and maybe try a different facial expression besides that one.