Vogue India

6 comments






















Vogue July 2009

Now, like Vogue Taiwan and Vogue Australia - Vogue India doesn't have the highest budget, but they know how to, at least occasionally, make a great cover (don't get me wrong, not all their covers are great, but some are actually really nice). I think this cover is perfect, and they really captured the beauty of a Dolce & Gabbana gown that I hadn't really liked before this. The cover star is an Indian actress, and I really like her pose. It's rare that a magazine has a cover with a shot from the model's back. 








































































































See, their covers aren't bad! I think their articles are in English too, which is good. I would buy one if I saw it at Barnes & Noble. 


6 comments :

זבל said...

Their covers are 10 times better than the American Vogue's last 2 covers. The one with the 6 models is quite yucky, but the other ones are stunning.

Anonymous said...

I adore the one with Kareena and the one with Priyanka.
Lovely!

Kasia said...

Yeah, I agree. All of their covers are different, which is something fresh - they don't use the same setting more than once. I like the cover with the six models - it was their first issue. Korean Vogue did the same thing. It's kind of like they are introducing the fashion world to their culture, and their native models and designers.

Anonymous said...

I actually just did some research on it.
Have you noticed they all/most of them are actors.
I guess they don't use as many models. over their.
Also the 08 Sept,08 Mar,08 Apr covergirls have very little make-up and have antural look.
:P
I cannot imagine how they would do shoulder pads!
I really want to see the Indians use some Balmain!
:)

r1ma said...

India I think is a very fashionable country

I see it as kind of like the Milan of Asia where their rich, ancient culture has years of experience developing textiles and making the best fabrics for their saris

I love that they original and don't try to hard to be "Western" and keep their cultural identity by using vibrant colors and Indian cover girls...I mean why bother to make an Indian Vogue when you are just gonna make it look like American Vogue...

Anonymous said...

Exactly.