The Girls Come Out At DVF

2 comments
































































Coco, Siri, Georgie, Sessilee! Though we are still waiting for a few appearances which will likely come later in the week or during the European collections, it was nice to see more of these girls' faces before we get on to more of the major fashion shows. The collections keep coming, and we're really about to get to the core of New York Fashion Week. Up until now the collections have been nice - of course very wearable, and friendly. However, time will tell what high drama the Mulleavy sisters, Francisco Costa, and Marc have in store for us! 

After that though, let's face it. This is what we're all looking forward to...

























2 comments :

r1ma said...

I find this insulting to the minor and insignificant designers

Kasia said...

Excuse me? I never used the words 'minor' or 'insignificant', it looks to me that you did. I look at every collection for your information, before you post them on the blog. There are no minor shows at fashion week, if you're showing at fashion week you're already pretty successful. Let's see... who most recently showed? Victoria Beckham, DKNY, Y-3, DVF, Derek Lam, Herve Leger, Jil Stuart and Zac Posen? Those are all probably multi-million dollar brands, I've seen every collection so far, and I haven't exactly seen the work of an undiscovered starving genius. You can call me ignorant if you want, I don't care.

By 'major' shows I don't mean the shows with the biggest budgets, I mean the shows that make New York, or even America for that reason, a fashion capital. The collections by designers who have worked for years, have earned their rights and fought hard to get their work and their vision seen internationally. I personally really like Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, and Rodarte - I like them more than Chanel or Gucci, they are major American designers and I have a lot of respect for them, and how they got to where they are today.

I can't help being excited for the shows that challenge you to dream and to imagine. And after New York ends, I do look forward to the shows in Europe - I would rather be fired than be forced not to say the things that I think, on here.