London Fashion Week Day 1 and 2

1 comment

Bora Aksu, Sass and Bide, Emilio De Morena, Mary Katrantzou, Osman, Mark Fast, PPQ, Jeremy Scutt, Kinder Aggugini.

Day 1
Bora AksuBora Aksu

Such a contrast to New York isn’t it? I love the techniques they used in making their garments and how it is a bit Rodarte-ish but they made it their own.

And how crazy are the leggings?! Do want.

Sass and BideSass and Bide

This collection reminded me a lot of what Tisci has been doing with Givenchy with the black, white and gold. Nevertheless, the clothes are very well done and I can see a lot of women wanting to wear these pieces.

Emilio de la Morena Emilio de la Morena

Cute young and hip with leather vests and boleros, bandage-like dresses and a short hemlines.  There were also ruffles and some oragami pieces.

I loved his use of light pink and chartreuse (most possibly my favorite color). He should do more color next time.

Day 2
Mary Katrantzou
Mary Katrantzou

My favorite collection so far. Lots of bold colors, dramatic folds all done with a flattering silhouette.

OsmanOsman

Very clean, simple chic. Very Calvin Klein meets Givenchy.

Mark FastMark Fast

I have nothing against the use of plus-sized models, but at least design clothes that flatter them.

ppqPPQ

All black cast. Sounds like a gimmick.

The clothes were….lets just say if I have nothing nice to say I wont say anything at all.

 Jeremy ScuttJeremy Scutt

Despite the distracting hair, I thought that this designer had a very clear voice. The cut out panels on the bodice and the folds of the skirts were very dramatic.

Kinder Aggugini Kinder Aggugini-1Kinder Aggugini

Crazy. Lol. I love that shiny gold-pink dress.It’s the 8th to the last dress. It was such a show stopper.

1 comment :

Wylie said...

A lot more exhuberant looks I think!