NYC Fashion Week S/S 2010 Day 3

3 comments

Alexander Wang, Altuzarra, Christian Siriano, Ohne Titel, Lacoste, Vivienne Tam, Adam.

Hehe…I am so swept up by the fashion week fever. I’m trying not to cover any shows but I can’t help it.

Alexander Wang
Alexander Wang-1
Alexander Wang-2 Alexander Wang
This season Alexander went football- Americana. The models walked down the runway in side braids/plaits, knee high socks and lace-up peep toe booties.

Mirte opened while Jac closed. There were some Asian models, but the show lacked any black girls entirely. Natasha Poly finally stomped the runway, second to walk,  joined by Snejana, Isabeli, Anna S and Edita who seemed to make their NYC spring 2010 debut too. Lily D, Freja, Magdalena, Karlie and Abbey Lee were also present…although Raquel, Anja and Lara Stone were no shows. Ugh. I need my Lara fix!

It was an interesting enough concept. I liked how the first part of the show with the lighter colors, especially the red and white striped shirts. My favorite is Hanne Gaby’s first look. I did not care too much for the last few darker colored looks.

Alexander told WWD he was inspired by “Exploring the deviant side of American teen culture.”

Altuzarra Altuzarra-1
Altuzarra
Yes! Joseph Altuzarra and Prabal Gurung were two new designers I’ve been dying to see since fall 2009! He didn’t disappoint with this new show, which he told WWD, “This season, the Altuzarra woman is confident, sensual and free-spirited.” Natasha Poly opened and closed the show. The casting was perfection with lots of my favorite girls in the show like Lily D, Karlie, Magda, Rel, Abbey Lee,Kasia, Eniko, Edita, Kasia and Amanda Laine.

I found this show extremely refreshing. I am so tired of the 80’s right now and Joseph Altuzarra offered a  refreshing alternative, looking to the 70's instead for inspiration. He used a lot of earth tones and suede, which gave it a Pocahontas feel to it a long with the mocasin-like shoes the models were wearing. There were ponchos, aprons, fringes and patchwork.

If his' designs echo Givenchy, that’s because he used to worked for Riccardo Tisci. “Altuzarra designed at Givenchy under Riccardo Tisci, who's about as hot as it gets in the fashion world right now. There are clearly similarities in the hyperfeminine sensibility of both designers' clothes. But Altuzarra is no copy artist. What's such a turn-on about him is his confidence.”

Christian SorianoChristian Soriano-1 Christian Soriano-2
Christian Siriano
Unlike Joseph Altuzarra refreshing originality despite coming off the heels of Givenchy, Christian Siriano seemed to be producing knock offs his former employer’s, Alexander McQueen, designs.

This whole collection really disappointed me. I liked Christian first collection from Project Runway, it showed some originality and a vision. This time around it just looked like a rehash of other designers like McQueen, Lanvin and Nina Ricci. Thrown in with some Chole, Gareth Pugh and Oscar De la Renta. Not only that but this whole collection was disjointed and all over the place…like he went from graphic prints to draping to ruffles. Like, where is the cohesion in that?

The only bright spot in this show was Sessilee Lopez (who walked in Christian’s first runway show) probably doing her old friend a favor.

Ohne Titel
Ohne Titel
This was an interesting enough collection. There were a few looks that liked and a few looks I really didn’t like. The looks i liked were the simple  ones while the complicated ones just looked messy and haphazard—as if the they just criss-crossed fabrics together and sewed them up—I just couldn’t find any method in that madness.

Their make-up was nice though.

Karlie opened the show while Iris closed.

Lacoste Lacoste-1 Lacoste-2 Lacoste-3
Lacoste

This was a very cute collection for Lacoste. I love the use of blue, teal and yellows. I loved the head scarves, hats, head bands and hoodies.

Ryan Taylor, Sean Opry, Simon Nessman, and Lacoste favorite Mathias Lauridsen walked the show along with Chanel Iman and Lakshmi Menon.

Vivienne Tam Vivienne Tam-1 Vivienne Tam
Ugh I hated the shoes. I am not looking forward to seeing those shoes on Stardoll.

Which outfits do you think will we see in the Starplaza? Which outfits do you want?

I personally loved the butterfly dresses.

But what was Christian Brylle (the Gucci model with the nipple ring, now with a haircut) doing there opening the show? Just wondering…

Adam Adam-1 ADAM
Anna Wintour was at this show, which means I have to pay attention to it.
But uh…yeah…the shorts and rompers were cute…

3 comments :

soovintage said...

A Wang didn't surprise me at all. It was the same sporty feeling from his Resort and Spring collections, and everything was just too messy and unwearable.

Vivienne RTam also lacked creativity. It was the same as her Spring 09 show, with blue instead of pink.

The rest is, uh, okay for me...

SPOTTING TRENDS:
- Sheer
- Jumpsuits
- Sporty
- Yellow/Orange
- Pink
- Teal/Turquoise
- White

Brianne said...

Unfortunately, I haated Alex Wang's stuff. As somebody on my blog commented "He took the easy look way too far"

I like what Freja's wearing, but other than that, I wasn't much of a fan.
It'll probably grow on me but I hope it won't. lol

Wylie said...

The one model who I really want to see is Coco. Where is she? I know ost of the bigger shows have not happened yet but I want to see her really badly! Anyone agree? I mean she had those Chanel ads a couple years ago and now I do not think she was even in the fall show. I like her a lot!