NYC Fashion Week S/S 2010 Day 1 Part 1

2 comments
BCBG Max Azria, David Elfin, Duckie Brown, Ellie Tahari, Helmut Lang, Jillian Lewis, LAMB, Michael Angel, Monique Lhiullier, Nikolas K, Organic by John Patrick, Probal Gurung, Temperley London,Vena Cava
 BCBG_Max_Azria_Spring2010 BCBG Max Azria
Dresses, dresses, dresses. There were some good pieces here and there. Very colorful and youthful. It’s just that the print dresses gave me Balenciaga Fall 2009 vibes. I also found it  very Jonathan Saunders-ish. Most pieces were hit or miss.
Last season the likes of Sigrid Argen walked BCBG. Not this season. The whole show was overtaken with new girls.
 
davidelfin_spring2010
mens_davodelfin_spring2010
Davidelfin
Blues, turquoise aqua, navy,teal, seafoam…lots of blues. Scary redhead model with bowl haircut. Pants. One-sies. Tyler Riggs being the only guy. Tyler Riggs in a tube top (I wish designers would stop making Men’s tube top happen. It’s so not fetch). I guess Matvey was also there with some other guys.
Love the color story. It really looked relaxing. I also loved the electric blue shoes. The understated and clean cut makes this a very wearable collection.

 Duckie_Brown_Spring2010 Duckie Brown
Nice, masculine color palette and fun blue, white and yellow shoes. See through shirts and slouch blazers. Plaid shorts and tailored shorts.
They had jackets with wrap-belts. I found that a bit feminine.
Oh yeah. DIAPERS. Or man-spanx. I have no clue what those are.
Oh and also, bows on the shorts. Yeah, he has a present waiting inside those shorts. Lol.
But sigh @ Dennis, Petey, Lenz Mikus and Danny. 

 

elie ElieTahari_boys_Spring2010Elie Tahari
Stella McCartney inspired. That is all.
But as for the mens part of the collection…it was interesting. Mostly because I spotted Ryan Taylor and AJ Abualrub.

helmut Lang Sprin 2010Helmut Lang
Good ol’’ Helmut Lang. One should always have a good quality Helmut Lang jacket in their closet. This season offers up a deconstruction of denim fabrics and edgy silhouettes that make this brand a staple must have.

Jillian_Lewis_spirng2010Jillian Lewis
Rock, edgy and modern. The one collection I actually liked today. Yes, it looked a bit Balmain-ish but the designer paid enough attention to detail to make it her own. Clubbing dresses and structured jackets makes this collection perfect for the 20-something party girl.

l.a.m.b. l.a.m.b. spring 2010
L.A.M.B.
I' am so surprised that this still exists. Gwen Stefani still doing her Gwen Stefani thing. Nothing revolutionary. I wonder how Jennifer Lopez’s fashion line is doing…

Michael_Angel_Spring2010Michael Angel
The graphic prints just screamed Alexander McQueen Spring 2009. I couldn’t take it seriously.
 Monique_Lhuillier_Spring2010 Moniqe Lhiullier
Elegant and refined dresses. I always applaud this woman’s courageous and bold use of color.  The fringe and the embellishments are exquisite.
I can see a lot of these dresses walking down the red carpet.

nk[1] nk2[1] nk3[1]
Nicholas K
I just love seeing boys in plaid and in shorts.
Also, Marcel Castenmiller and Lenz Von Johnston were in this show…which means i had to post it.

 Organic_by_John_Patrick_Spring2010 Organic by John Patrick
Vintage inspired. I can see Chloe Sevigny wearing these.
Anyone spot over-hyped new girl Lindsay Wixson? Yeah…that heavy hair and make-up is not doing her favors. 

   prabal_gurung spring2010
Prabal Gurung
Mostly cocktail dresses with Zoe Saldana as the inspiration. I love the use of blue in the color-blocking as well as the cuts of the pieces. It just screams young sophistication. 
I look forward to seeing these dresses on the red carpet. Along with Altazurra, Prabal Gurung is a new designer I always look forward to.

Temperley_London_Spring2010-1Temperley_London_Spring2010Temperley London
A little Givenchy-ish with the studs. Also a little Chanel HC spring 2009 and Alexander McQueen fall 2009 with the red-white-black color pallette-- but their attention to detail make forgive all that. Beautiful collection.

Vena_Cava_Spring2010 Vena Cava
I can see a lot of girls liking this collection. It’s all very wearable.
I liked the shiny black hats…

2 comments :

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

I agree with pretty much everything!