NYC S/S 2010 Fashion Week Day 1 Part 2: Ports 1961, Rosa Cha and Spurr

No comments

Ports 1961. Rosa Cha and Spurr.

ports1961_1_ ports1961_2_ ports1961_3 ports1961_4_
Ports 1961
Tao Okamoto opened while Bruna Tenorio closed. There were also a bunch of Supreme girls like Hanne Gaby, Alana and Ranya as well as former Supreme girl, Amanda Laine.
The collection started out with sleek and oversized silhouettes with bright colors of orange, peach, blush and white.  Most of the fabrics used had an iridescent quality which played well with the runway lights.
Very wearable clothes. The last few pieces reminded me of Prada Spring 2009.

rosa cha spring2010 rosa cha spring2010-1
Rosa Cha
Chanel Iman opened and  I am not sure who closed. But Lakshmi was there as well as Lakshmi, Constance, Charlotte, Hanne, Ranya, Rose, Katlin…So many Supreme girls…I had no idea they were swimsuit friendly. I also had no clue that Rosa Cha could afford these girls.
Anyway this was a fun collection. I really liked the vintage 1950’s feel with the head scarf and high-waisted bottoms. I also liked their use black and white and added a touch of color, orange most of the time, to add a bold effect. For a brief moment I totally forgot that it’s starting to get called outside.

spurr_spring2010
Spurr
I spot hunks Simon Nessman, Garrett Neff and Jeremy Dufour. Oh, they are modeling clothes? I didn’t notice. JK they are really good models; I did notice the clothes. It’s just that I care more about the boys. It’s nice to see men wearing color tho.

No comments :