Darialicious

7 comments























Just like the issue of Vogue Paris solely devoted to Lara Stone, the August 2009 issue for Vogue Paris is set to be devoted to one of VP's favorites; Daria Werbowy. Daria will be the only model in all of the shoots for the issue.

Now, at this point, I'd think that I'd be sick of Daria, but I'm really not. In fact, I want more of her. I never really cared for her, but I got the May issue of Vogue Paris and it happens to be one of my favorite issues that I own - out of 49 issues (I think I counted supplements too, I don't remember) of Vogue and 36 issues of all I-D, Interview, and (one issue of) British Elle. I love collecting! Anyway, back to the point, I found myself habitually returning to that issue every day or so to look at something, or to draw from something. It's her energy - that confidence. She's not just a blank canvas, a clone, a mannequin - she's a woman. A woman with attitude, and feelings - and that shines through in all of her work.

More Darialiciousness
41377vmagazine2008winte[1]

7 comments :

r1ma said...

I just looked Daria up and she's from Canada?!

I am loving that country and the number of extraordinary models they produce! and those models like Linda and Coco are more than just pretty girls, like you said!:-D

john2_el_mejor said...

She looks awesome with black and white!

Kasia said...

Yeah, I knew she didn't have a European accent from that little Prada film she did. I am excited for this issue.

זבל said...

I love her editorial in the May 2009 issue of Vogue :)

Kasia said...

Me too! Where she's beating up all of those biker guys? I loved that!

Kasia said...

Or, the one in American Vogue where she's modeling for all of the designer names? I loved that one too. Haha!

זבל said...

The American Vogue one. My favorite photograph from it was the one where she's modelling the burberry suit. She looked EXACTLY like the guy from Mary Poppins :-D