Better Than Any Movie: My Favorite Couture Show Video

No comments

07055_galliano_getty[1]
This has to be the ultimate Couture show in my opinion. Not only is the collection excellent, but the presentation is above and beyond with that long ass runway.

I have watched this show like seven times since it came out. I thought I’d post it.

I think this was Dior’s 60’th anniversary show. It is in 4 parts!

Ugh. They focused on Gisele although I wish they showed Mariacarla’s walk down the runway because she really had this great ‘tude.
16m[1]

I feel sorry for the models who had to keep standing.

Although I've watched this show over and over again I had a hard time picking my favorite look, but i have to go for Doutzen's Marie-Antoinette-gown, because it shows how well researched this collection is, besides being utterly beautiful: the chain detail on Doutzen's bodice is a sketch of the famous necklace from MA's necklace affair.

The Affair of the Diamond Necklace was a mysterious incident in the 1780s at the court of Louis XVI of France involving his wife, Queen Marie Antoinette. The reputation of the Queen, which was already tarnished by gossip, was ruined by the implication that she had participated in a crime to defraud the crown jewellers of the cost of a very expensive diamond necklace. The Affair was historically significant as one of the events that led to the French populace's disillusionment with the monarchy, which, among other causes, eventually culminated in the French Revolution.


47m[1]



No comments :